By Isabel Hughes
A 27-year-old Norcross woman was recently arrested for allegedly stealing a package from a Peachtree Corners home.
On Dec. 21, the Gwinnett County Police Department asked for help identifying the suspect, Tamara Stanley, who is accused of taking a package from someone’s front porch two days prior.
On Monday, police tweeted that Stanley had been arrested and charged with theft by taking, a misdemeanor.
Stanley was later released from the Gwinnett County Jail on $1,850 bond.
Gwinnett police are reminding residents they can help avoid having packages stolen by:
• Scheduling the delivery to your place of employment
• Scheduling the delivery to a neighbor’s home who is usually home
• Don’t schedule delivery when you are on vacation
• Arrange for delayed delivery through USPS if you plan to be out-of-town
• If given the option, schedule the drop-off location to be somewhere discreet